Saturday, October 18, 2014

Applying to the Program : Step Three

The phone interview is naturally the most daunting part of the applying process of the Disney College Program. But if you are prepared and relaxed it will be short, easy and even fun!
It's go time. 

Step Three : The Phone Interview
Process:
  1. Prepare to be in a quiet room with little distraction
  2. Expect a call within 15 minutes of your schedule time from a blocked phone number
  3. Have a lovely conversation with a nice Disney employee
  4. Hang up and pray the hardest you ever have before 
  5. You will receive an email within 2-3 weeks after your interview with their decision!

I promise it will be the fastest 10 minutes of your life. I had such a great conversation in my interview that it was actually fun ! Take a deep breath and know this is the last step before your journey to the Magic Kingdom! 

 Tips:
  •  Have that resume next to you - they will spend a majority of the time asking how your past experience will help in your roles at Disney. Having your resume with job responsibilities is really handy! 
  • Always ask about their Disney story - at the end ask your interviewer about their Disney story. They get a kick out this!
  • Calm the nerves - I listened to Disney music before my interview to pump me up and put me at ease. You want to appear as calm as possible.
  • Smile! - As you are speaking, smile the entire interview. You may feel silly but no one will know and it makes you sound friendlier and more excited. 
  • Show excitement - I told my interviewer I was so excited I would work for free! They want students that want to be there and will take full advantage of the program. Let them know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment